Christ's Faithful People
Place yourself in the Presence of God and ask Him to inspire you.
1. Consider that few years ago you were not in the world at all, that you were nothing. O my soul, where was I then? The world had already lasted so long and I was not known.
2. God has raised you from this nothingness and made you what you are purely out of His goodness, for He has no need of you.
3. Consider what nature God has given you; the highest in the visible world, capable of eternal life and of perfect union with Him.
Spiritual Acts and Resolutions
1. Humble yourself profoundly before God, saying with the Psalmist - O Lord, I am as nothing before Thee. Why hast Thou been mindful of me to create me? (Ps 38:7, 8:5). O my soul, I was in an abyss of nothingness and would be there still, had God not drawn me thence; and still there, what could I have done?
2. Give thanks to God. O my great and good Creator, how much I owe to Thee, Who in Thy Mercy hast willed to raise me from my nothingness and to make me what I am. What can I possibly do to bless Thy Name worthily or to thank Thee enough for Thy inestimable goodness?
3. Abase yourself. Alas, my Creator, instead of uniting myself to Thee by loving service, my inordinate desires have made me a rebel and I have cut myself off from Thee by preferring sin, dishonouring Thee as though Thou were not my Creator.
4. Cast yourself down before God. Know, my soul, that the Lord is thy God; He made thee, thou didst not make thyself. O God, I am the work of Thy hands (Ps 99:3).
5. From now on I will no longer exalt myself, for by myself I am nothing. What have I to glory in, who am but dust and ashes, and even less than that! What have I to be proud of?
6.In order to humble myself, I will take the means necessary, bear with humiliations, and change my life. I will follow my Saviour, honouring the nature He has granted me, according to His will, in obedience, under the guidance of my spiritual director.
1. Thanksgiving. Bless thy God, O my soul, and let all that is within me bless His holy Name (Ps 102:1), for in His goodness He has lifted me from nothingness and in His Mercy created me.
2. Offering. O my God, with all my heart I offer Thee the being Thou hast given me; I dedicate it and consecrate it to Thee.
3. Petition. Strengthen me, O my God, in these desires and resolutions. O Blessed Virgin Mary, recommend them to the Mercy of Thy Son.
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.
Your prayer completed, wander back in spirit among your considerations and gather a bouquet of spiritual thoughts to perfume your whole day.